List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS HEAD - kview broken ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-04-13 13:12:35

Hi!
> Hmm, interesting. So the canvas is loaded... The only place it could still go
> wrong is the dynamic_cast. If that returns 0 - well I don't why it should do
> that...
Oh! There is a dynamic_cast ? It's the problem, for sure! I reported already at
least 5 crashes caused by dynamic_cast returning 0. It seems that gcc 3
compiled code tends to fail that way very often. However, nobody still claimed
clearly that it's the compiler error, maybe it's more strict than gcc 2.95 but
correct.
> Please update kdegraphics/kview and tell me what error you get. KView at least
> shouldn't crash anymore.
Your wish is my command!

  Now, the first popup shows:
Accessing the KImageViewer interface of the Image Canvas failed. I have no idea how this could happen..

  The second popus shows:
Something went wrong loading the KViewViewer KPart. Check your installation.

  And finally there is no crash as You said, kview clearly returns.

                                               With regards, Pavel Troller