List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: tabbed browsing?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-04-11 10:07:23

On Thursday 11 April 2002 00:31, Doug Hanley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well, I think I've pretty much finished it up now, sorry its been slow, I
> really lack the time to do this kind of development quickly.  Since my last
> post on kfm-devel, I've added a working New Tab button to the RMB menu, and
> I've made it so tabs with names of 30 characters or longer are truncated
> using "..." .
>
> One things that are missing are a really quick way to close the current tab,
> such as the mozilla X.  The only way now is through the window menu or
> through the toolbar.  Unfortunately, I really dont know of a way to just
> arbitrarily add an X button onto a QTabWidget.
>
> Also there is no configuration, but I dont really see the need for an
> extensive ammount of it anyway.
>
> Other than that I think everything is about set.
>
> It seems to me to be ready for CVS, after all it doesn't actually interfere
> with the function of Konqueror's other features.  I've been using it myself
> for a little while and it works great.
>

> Get the patch here:
>
> http://prescott.dyndns.org/konqtabs-cvsdiff.patch

Please send me an encrypted password (usual method:
adduser dummy ; passwd dummy ; grep dummy /etc/shadow)
so that I can create a CVS account for you.
I could obviously apply the patch, but it's better if you can maintain it in
CVS after that ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/