List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Laurie Otch Granada
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-04-10 23:18:49

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 15:44, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> What I don't get, though... If you start a new mail you have to specify a
> recipient, right? So if you type a mail from inside such a folder, why do
> people instantly forget to specify the recipient? Isn't the recipient the
> first you normally specify?

I think my subconscious ("mind's eye") sees a populated To: field and jumps to
the subject line.

My suggestion is to retain the RMB/LMB menu that provides "Post to Mailing
List", and no longer automatically populate the To: field on a New Message
click.

Another idea would be to populate the To: field but highlight the text
(automatically select it?). That way people take notice because it's
background color is substantially different than normal.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.