List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: tabbed browsing?
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2002-04-10 22:31:47

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 05:30 pm, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the freeze of KDE 3.0, someone came up with patch to add
> tabbed-browsing to Konqueror. If I remember correctly, the consensus was
> that it would be good addition for KDE 3.1...
>
> Well, 3.1 development is now - could this person actually add this feature
> please? I see a lots of KDE users asking for it (and I admit - it's a real
> nice feature)...
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz

Hello,

Well, I think I've pretty much finished it up now, sorry its been slow, I
really lack the time to do this kind of development quickly.  Since my last
post on kfm-devel, I've added a working New Tab button to the RMB menu, and
I've made it so tabs with names of 30 characters or longer are truncated
using "..." .

One things that are missing are a really quick way to close the current tab,
such as the mozilla X.  The only way now is through the window menu or
through the toolbar.  Unfortunately, I really dont know of a way to just
arbitrarily add an X button onto a QTabWidget.

Also there is no configuration, but I dont really see the need for an
extensive ammount of it anyway.

Other than that I think everything is about set.

It seems to me to be ready for CVS, after all it doesn't actually interfere
with the function of Konqueror's other features.  I've been using it myself
for a little while and it works great.

Get the patch here:

http://prescott.dyndns.org/konqtabs-cvsdiff.patch

-- Doug Hanley