List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Directory overlays - removing the white sheet
From:       Simon MacMullen <simon.macmullen () aspect-proteus ! com>
Date:       2002-04-09 13:02:12

A long time ago when I first hacked up a "folder thumbnail", Tackat said
that:

> Ideally the mimetype-symbol would be a single symbol (without the sheet)
and
> it would be overlaid over the sheet (according to the mimetype of the
> document) or over the folder-icon (if the folder contains mostly items of
> that particular mimetype).

Well, I'm willing to do the coding part of this (I haven't looked into how
much work it would be but I'm assuming it's not going to be insane), if the
artists want to do the drawing part (which is probably more work, so I won't
be offended if they don't).

What do you (artists, maintainers) think?

Simon