List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: yEnc support for knode ?
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-04-09 11:57:17

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 13:06, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   I would like to ask, whether somebody works on yEnc support for knode.
>   It seems that some binary groups are switching massively to it and I had
> to install pan (Gnome's reader) to be able to read them.
>   If nobody is working, I would eventually try to hack it in (just for
> reading, as the first attempt) but some help from the authors would be
> necessary to get me synced. It would be also a long-time job because my
> time resources are very limited.

I worked on a yDecoder 2 months ago. But it wasn't designed to be a part of
knode/kmail/kde... In fact it was one of my first C++/Qt programs I made. The
decoder itself is **very** bare-bones and bad designed, but it works for me.
Not heavily tested and you need some modification to actually use it.
(hard-coded filenames etc... hey, it was never meant to be a real
application, only an experiment). But it can give you some clues :-)

--
Andy Goossens -- andygoossens at softhome dot net

"Use the Source, Luke..."