List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Memory Problems
From:       Jean-Christophe Fargette <jean-christophe.fargette () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-04 22:05:42

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.
After on long period of starting/closing apps (konqueror, ksirc,
kdevelop, etc), when i want to lunch konqeror, i can see the new task in
the kicker's taskbar (just a few seconds) but konqueror does not show
up. Not bug report, no backtrace, nothing.
The only thing I'm sure is that the processus still in memory.

But looking in the /var/log/syslog file, I get this 2 messages :
Apr  4 08:14:41 Gromit fam[234]: fd 8 write error: Broken pipe
Apr  4 08:14:42 Gromit last message repeated 782 times

or this one when kicker is freezing too :

Apr  4 20:24:23 Gromit fam[234]: localclient chown: Operation not
permitted

I don't know if it can help, but each time something is wierd on KDE,
fam appears in my log.

Hope it will help.

Jean-Christophe Fargette