List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Right click menu in Konqueror
From:       Doug Hanley <hanleyman () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2002-04-04 16:38:24

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 03:21 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 April 2002 20:36, Doug Hanley wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 April 2002 12:57 pm, Chris Howells wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Where is the code for the right click menu (e.g. the menu that appears
> > > with options such as "New Windows" when you right click on a renderred
> > > page) defined?
> > >
> > > I would like to fix some keyboard accells there, but can't see the code
> > > in kdebase/konqueror.
> >
> > Its actually in libkonq.  Look at kdebase/libkonq/konq_popupmenu.cc.
> >
> > btw, does anyone know why the popup menu code is in a different library?
>
> The popupmenu is shared between kdesktop and konqueror.
>
> > It is making it very hard for me to add a "New Tab" option to this menu
> > because I have no way to directly communicate with konqueror (well, the
> > KonqMainWindow and KonqViewManager objects at least).
>
> A New Tab ? In a popup menu ?
> I think you're talking about the properties dialog, which is
> KPropertiesDialog, part of kio.
> Use RMB / Preferences on a kicker icon, or RMB / Properties on a desktop
> icon, or kfmclient openProperties <url>, you'll see why it's shared ;)
>
> But you can define new pages as "plugins". Usually from independent
> modules, but not necessarily - you could provide a page from Konqueror
> itself, if really wanted (via a new method in KonqPopupMenu)
> I fail to see the point though, since the properties dialog can apply to
> e.g. links in the page or items in the directory view, whereas view-manager
> stuff is for the whole of Konqueror..... What's your idea?

Oh, I'm talking about an "Open Link In New Tab" item on the right-click menu
(option was the wrong word).  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Although, I
seem to have gotten around my problem by adding the "New Tab" item to the
menu in the KonqMainWindow::slotPopupMenu code after the KonqPopupMenu
constructor is called.

-- Doug Hanley