List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AM_PATH_OGG / AM_PATH_VORBIS (kdemultimedia)
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-03 12:54:06

Michael Goffioul wrote
>kreatecd uses those 2 macros in configure.in.in. The problem is that
>these macros are usually included in development packages of ogg
>and vorbis. The result is that you can't "make -f Makefile.cvs" in
>kdemultimedia without development packages of ogg and vorbis. This is
>a strong requirement.

The solution is actually quite simple: download the source package for libogg
and libvorbis, unpack them and then copy files ogg.m4 and vorbis.m4 to your
/usr/share/aclocal

I think that the development packages from the distributions (say,
libogg-devel and libvorbis-devel) should install the automake/autoconf
extensions as well, but I guess this is not the standard policy.

That's what I've done and I'm compiling kreatecd right now.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com