List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: License for KSplash
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-04-02 19:47:08

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 21:00, Neil Stevens wrote:
> How is some vague name more explicit than the terms of the license itself?

For non-native speakers the terms of licensing agreements are hard to
understand at best, so for me the short name would be much better - allowing
me to google for the terms in non-jurist English that I do understand for
example.

Can't say that Chris is non-English though, so no idea why he'd want that...

Martijn

PS: another reason for just mentioning the name of the license is to make it
clear that you are using an unmodified license, and not a custom one without
having to read the whole dang thing.