List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-console
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnar () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-02 0:49:27

well, think about it: we have how many desktops? and how many
> more-or-less cua-compliant apps for them? but the console-mode apps
> are straight out of the dark ages. and there's a multitude of things
> that are done more efficiently from the console. in that regard,
> linux is behind dos of 1987. the idea of console apps for userland
> that do not require a secret decoder ring is a great one.

I 100% agree with you. I love the console and any application that uses
it. I use console mode more often than any other window like program -
with the exception of the koffice suite.

I much prefer browsing the web in lynx than any of the gui web browsers,
I don't get as much crap and no additional pop-up windows and it's fast
and safe.

> though i got a pretty good story out of qt-console and linus's
> resignation today, which i guess is not a bad consolation prize.

Where will  that be posted and when?

-Chris