On Saturday 30 March 2002 05:07, Rolf Magnus wrote: > On Saturday 30 March 2002 04:34, Matt and Sarah wrote: > > Even though the screen is frozen, the system is still running, the mo= use > > still moves, but i can't click anything. Also i can't switch to anot= her > > terminal using ctrl+alt+F1, nor can i restart the X server with > > ctrl+alt+backspace. Trying to use alt+sysrq+r has no effect either. > > Same here. If I telnet into the machine, I can see that all apps are st= ill > running. Just X is frozen. If I try to kill X, the whole system freezes= =2E > > > Any ideas what might be causing this conflict would be greatly > > appreciated. > > might be a driver problem. I have an nvidia geforce2 mx 400 card with > nvidia's driver (not the one that's part of XFree86). FWIW: I have also an Athlon / GeForce system and had the very same proble= ms=20 with kde2 and kde3. After a system crash I reinstalled everything except = the=20 nvidia drivers and since a week or so everything works fine without freez= es.=20 Marco >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<