List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building arts
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-31 11:35:55

On Saturday 30 March 2002 4:04 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Saturday March 30, 2002 07:17, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I having trouble getting arts to build, in order to build kdelibs.
> >
> > cvs -z3 checkout -rKDE_3_0_RELEASE arts
> > or
> > cvs -z3 checkout -rKDE_3_0_BRANCH arts
>
> the tags for arts are ARTS_1_0_RELEASE and ARTS_1_0_BRANCH, respectively.
>
> > I'm compiling with gcc 3.0.4 for PowerPC.
Thanks, I've checked out ARTS_1_0_RELEASE and I'm building that. My problem
was that I needed to 'cd arts/flow/gsl', then 'make gslconfig.h' - it wasn't
creating the header as part of the standard build.

> gcc 3.0.x won't compile arts correctly, to my knowlege.  So even with the
> right cvs tag you needn't bother.
I need to use gcc 3.0.x (and soon 3.1) because it has much better Java and
Objective-C support than gcc 2.9.x. Sound is broken on my machine anyway, so
as long as arts builds I don't mind whether or not it works.

-- Richard