If one of the list admins of the German speaking mail list wants to=20 contact me we can easily add the list to news.uslinuxtraining.com where=20= all the other kde lists are as well. -Chris On Saturday, March 30, 2002, at 09:31 AM, Thomas Diehl wrote: > Am Samstag, 30. M=E4rz 2002 11:24 schrieb Karl-Heinz Zimmer: > >> I am not sure if that's really a good idea, since there allready _is_ = a >> german language platform: Just tell these people to post to Usenet! > > Yes, why bother with all those funny mailing lists in KDE. Let's all = use > newsgroups. ;-) > > There are simply lots of people who don't know about usenet and don't=20= > want > to know about it. Or who find it impractical. Or who don't know how to=20= > set > it up in Linux with its lack of offline readers. Or whose ISPs do not=20= > offer > the German KDE group (or any newsgroups at all). -- This is not about > "techies" or "geeks" but about people who just have a couple of=20 > questions > and are looking for a chance to mail somebody for a quick answer. > > At least to the German web site folks this now happens so often that=20= > they > may have have to close their mailing list for postings from outside = one=20 > day > if there is no appropriate place to refer those people to. > > The downside (compared to the Usenet approach) is probably that there=20= > will > be the same questions over and over because nobody is looking at the > archives. But I'd say Usenet isn't the answer for everybody,=20 > nevertheless. > > Regards, > > Thomas > > > -- > KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/ > Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/ > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to=20 >>> unsubscribe << > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<