On Saturday 30 March 2002 05:07, Rolf Magnus wrote: > On Saturday 30 March 2002 04:34, Matt and Sarah wrote: > > I have a problem with some kde apps freezing my desktop. The symptoms > > are that certain applications (mostly Konqueror and Kcontrol centre) > > will freeze my screen from time to time - this does not happen all the > > time with these applications, and it seems to occur randomly. Knode, > > Kate and Krusader seem to be fine. > > Ah, so there are other people who have this problem. I have the same, but > only kmail, opengl apps and some frew html pages with forms in konqueror > seem to trigger it. Can you try killing (-9) kicker? > > I have heard of a couple of similar issues with other people. It seems > > this started happening when i converted to XFree86-4.2. It happens with > > KDE 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 3RC3 (RPMS) and 27032002CVS (compiled from source). I am running XFree86 4.1 from debian woody. Same problem here. > I'm using XFree from CVS, some short time after the 4.2 release. It seems > to have started for me when I moved from a Pentium II to an Athlon machine. Hm... I also have an Athlon... > might be a driver problem. I have an nvidia geforce2 mx 400 card with > nvidia's driver (not the one that's part of XFree86). Voodoo5 card with XFree86 tdfx driver here. CU Andi >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<