Are you running a special theme? I've something like this as well, but I blame it on the liquid theme (older version). After kicker is restarted the freeze is over. Op zaterdag 30 maart 2002 04:34, schreef Matt and Sarah: > I have a problem with some kde apps freezing my desktop. The symptoms > are that certain applications (mostly Konqueror and Kcontrol centre) > will freeze my screen from time to time - this does not happen all the > time with these applications, and it seems to occur randomly. Knode, > Kate and Krusader seem to be fine. > > Even though the screen is frozen, the system is still running, the mouse > still moves, but i can't click anything. Also i can't switch to another > terminal using ctrl+alt+F1, nor can i restart the X server with > ctrl+alt+backspace. Trying to use alt+sysrq+r has no effect either. > > I have heard of a couple of similar issues with other people. It seems > this started happening when i converted to XFree86-4.2. It happens with > KDE 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 3RC3 (RPMS) and 27032002CVS (compiled from source). > > I am running Mandrake 8.2 (although it happens on 8.1 also). > > Any ideas what might be causing this conflict would be greatly > appreciated. > > Matt > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << -- Richard Bos For those without home the journey is endless >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<