List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Toolbar Trouble
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-27 4:07:47

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 03:18, Anders Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to change the toolbar of the File Selector in Kate to a "real"
> KToolbar, I run into trouble.
>
> I want to use the constructor
>     KToolBar( QMainWindow *parentWindow, QWidget *dock, bool newLine =
> false, const char *name = 0, bool honor_style = FALSE,
>               bool readConfig = TRUE );
>
> That I can do, but the toolbar gets a handle for moving it around. If I
> call toolbar->enableMoving( false ) all toolbars in Kate gets moving
> disabled, which is not desirable (and btw, using the highcolor theme at
> least the app looks ugly with toolbar moving disabled, as the border around
> the toolbar seems to come from the dockarea of qmainwindow. Mayebe it is
> worth painting a nice border if moving is disabled??)
>
> Also, when using this constructor, the popup feature does not work. Even if
> I send a resizeevent with the correct measures:(
>
> Now, did I miss something - is there a way to do this - or is a special
> widget needed? That would require support from KAction, which will only
> plug() actions into widgets deriving either qpopupmenu or ktoolbar.

Well, I have partly solved that - now I can get the popup to work, placing the
toolbar in a qframe and resizing it in the resize event. Now I'm mostly
unhappy with the resize handle.

I put a shot of it with the toolbar popup at
http://alweb.dk/fileselectortoolbarworking.png - which also shows my
beautifull kde3 desktop - notice the transperancy in the popup ;)

-anders