List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Toolbar Trouble
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-27 2:18:43

Hi,

Trying to change the toolbar of the File Selector in Kate to a "real"
KToolbar, I run into trouble.

I want to use the constructor
    KToolBar( QMainWindow *parentWindow, QWidget *dock, bool newLine = false,
              const char *name = 0, bool honor_style = FALSE,
              bool readConfig = TRUE );

That I can do, but the toolbar gets a handle for moving it around. If I call
toolbar->enableMoving( false ) all toolbars in Kate gets moving disabled,
which is not desirable (and btw, using the highcolor theme at least the app
looks ugly with toolbar moving disabled, as the border around the toolbar
seems to come from the dockarea of qmainwindow. Mayebe it is worth painting a
nice border if moving is disabled??)

Also, when using this constructor, the popup feature does not work. Even if I
send a resizeevent with the correct measures:(

Now, did I miss something - is there a way to do this - or is a special widget
needed? That would require support from KAction, which will only plug()
actions into widgets deriving either qpopupmenu or ktoolbar.

-anders