List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RC3 Timidity in Kmidi doesn't compile
From:       akar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-03-23 10:30:27

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:59, Heiko Nock wrote:
> Timidity in Kmidi (kdemultimedia) doesn't compile, which means that the
> rest of kdemultimedia can't be used, too, as there doesn't seem to be a way
> to disable the compilation of kmidi. Actually it has never compiled for me
> before in earlier versions.
>
> It seems to be a problem with Alsa (0.9.0beta12).

??? Do you actually even use Alsa? If so perhaps you should not be using a
beta version unless the developers are telling you to use that version which
I doubt. I would anticipate that you need the latest stable release version
of alsa.

In any case what is stopping you from doing a make -k so that it will compile
the rest of kdemultimedia or (God Forbid!!) going into each app and doing a
make or even (Satan forbid!) editing the top level makefile to skip timidity.

--
regards,

andrew