List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Linux hang when loading html page in konqueror
From:       Mark Deneen <deneen () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-22 18:22:35

John G. wrote:

>I had similar problem. It complitely frozed up. I couldnt kill X, or switch to
>terminal (alt+ctrl+f1). Althought I've waited for about 15 min, and it came
>back somehow, and gave me error messages about konqueror crash, etc.
>I'm using slack 8 also, and CVS about 1 week old.
>
>- John.

I had a similar problem a long time ago, with certain animated gifs and
a NVIDIA card.  I don't have these issues anymore, though.

I could ssh from another workstation, and kill kwin, which would usually
fix it.  I always figured that something was eating all of the events,
preventing any of my keystrokes or mouse clicks from doing anything.
 The images would still be moving, but no hilight when I moused over
menu items, etc.

-M