List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Line spacing in qt-copy
From:       Oliver Strutynski <olistrut () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-20 0:02:48

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 12:47 pm, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:
> I upgraded to the latest QT(3.0.3) from qt-copy and now the line spacing
> has changed. E.g. emails in KMail are really looking ugly, because the
> lines stick so close together. I think there was a discussion about line
> spacing some weeks ago ...

The screenshot already uses a 5px leading for a 9px font, that really seems
appropriate to me. For print, you usually have a 1-3 pt leading for a 9 pt
font. It is often recommended to add 1 or two px leading for screen fonts,
but 9/14 should be enough from the point of legibility.

I also find that personally very legible and I just checked with my KMail
installation 2.2.2 using QT 2.3.1 and found the same leading there (with a
different font face though). I never had any problems reading messages here,
but perhaps that's in part a matter of what one is used to as well.

  Oliver