List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Antialiasing weirdness
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-03-13 20:48:24

> > Due to a bug in XF86 a variable wasn't properly initialized. As a result it
> > could or could not contain the proper variable when used so AA could be on
> > or off. Basically kdeinit triggered the bug very often on many systems.
>
> Ah. Hmm to bad, mine is one of it ;) Well, if XFree 4.2 fixes it, there is one
> more reason to upgrade...

Hi!
  I just tried to update XFree CVS to their HEAD (versioned 4.2.99.1)
and I don't have AA at all! I see "Initializing the built-in extension RENDER"
like normally in the Xserver log, I don't see any errors in .xsession-errors,
but no AA!
  And KDE looks wrong - there is a big spacing between lines. I never saw it
before, now I know how ugly it is :-).
  I simply moved my X directory out and returned the old one (with plain 4.2.0
- I backed it up first) so I have AA back.
  Does anybody know the reason why it doesn't work ?
                                              With regards, Pavel Troller