List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail error: gdb not found
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-03-13 13:15:59

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 08:03, Martin Gifford wrote:
> I recently upgraded from Redhat 7.0 to 7.2. I love KDE. I run RH 7.2 on my
> laptop and desktop.

Very nice to hear that :-)

> My desktop is a little buggy because I upgraded to 7.2 from the RH7.0
> editors edition from Linux Administration a beginner's guide; Steve Shah.

Many RedHat users have problems with the KDE packages that RedHat builds.
They put very little effort in creating the packages and they don't support
KDE in any way :-( Other distributions like SuSE and Mandrake give a lot
attention to KDE and create much better packages.

> When trying to run kmail I get error "gdb not found".

Euuh... is gdb installed on your system? Try this 'rpm -qa | grep gdb', the
result must be something like 'gdb-<version>'. If you don't get this, gdb
isn't installed. Download the gdb-<version>.rpm package and install it on
your computer. That should help...

> Can you send me a link to an ftp site? I normally use nblug.org however
> cannot seem to find it there.

I don't know nblug.org, but you will find the gdb package on the official
redhat ftp site ftp://ftp.redhat.com : you'll find it somewhere in
/pub/redhat/redhat-7.2-en/os/

I hope this helps...

--
Andy Goossens - andygoossens-at-softhome.net

"Use the Source, Luke..."