List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Clock applet style problem (screenshot)
From:       Nadeem Hasan <nhasan () nadmm ! com>
Date:       2002-03-10 17:12:53

On Sun March 10 2002 02:06 am, John Firebaugh wrote:
> On Saturday 09 March 2002 10:05, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > I use light (3rd Rev) style, 8pt fonts with AA. When I opened the
> > "Adjust Date & Time..." dialog of clock applet, using kdesu, the
> > dialog I got was in a different style (Highcolor), had big fonts,
> > and there was no AA. The screenshot url is below:
>
> I guess since it is running kdsu it has the style preferences of root.

True, but isn't it a bit inconsistent from user's point of view?
This could result in dialogs looking completely out of place on
her desktop. I am sure it would be taken and reported as a bug.
I agree that it has a technical explanation, but does this explanation
make sense from a user's perspective? So now a user has to make sure
that root's style preferences match that of hers?

Cheers,
--=20
Nadeem Hasan
nhasan@nadmm.com