List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Development Policy
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnar () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-09 14:33:00

On Saturday 09 March 2002 09:25 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Saturday March 09, 2002 06:18, Christopher Molnar wrote:
> > -We are in a SOFT FREEZE.
> > -We are not releasing anything with CLOSE to 8000 open severity 1 bugs.
>
> HA ha ha ha ha ha ha
>
> Are you aware that RC 1 is already released, and the correpsonding
> KDE_3_0_RELEASE tag is already applied?

Yup, but it is still an RC. Do not confuse that with a Release. Just because a
tag is applied soes not mean it won't be moved. Feel free to add to this any
time Dirk!

You are giving false information asying that the KDE 3 has been released, it
hasn't. I have seen these tags moved lots of times and it is not set ins
stone. But, it does give a reference point.

I am looking at my CD collection from when I participated in Microsnots
testing of Win2K. I surely remember more than one RC and some pretty major
changes between the candidates. and look, they actually released a pretty
decent product. The world didn't come to an end, to bad they went and screwed
it up with XP. Anyways, the purpose of a release cand. is to simulate an
actual release. You don't plan on second and third candidates you should be
at a point you are planning on an actual release so why tag an RC
differently?

-Chris