List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase wallpaper bloated
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-03-08 15:35:22

On Friday 8 March 2002 15:46, Rob Kaper wrote:
> We would still have the other 6+ in kdeartwork. AFAIK Windows only lets you
> choose the backside and not the frontside, which is approx. 52 times
> larger. ;-)

We have compressed PNG, they have uncompressed-huge-sized BMP, so that
compensates a little :-)

More and more people are switching nowadays to broadband and most users on
smallband don't upgrade to a new version anyway. They wait till the newest
version of their distribution is released and buy the CD. Size is becoming
less a problem each year, but we should be careful each time to not make huge
packages. Moving some things to low-priority packages can't be bad :-)

--
Andy Goossens - andygoossens-at-softhome.net

"The Microsoft story started with Basic. Now every Windows version is built
upon it."