List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase wallpaper bloated
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-08 13:48:06

On Friday 08 March 2002 14:02, Alexander Kellett wrote:

> Another nice idea is to limit a few other things, for example, number
> of classes allowed for a single program, number of virtual's in a
> class, methods per class, dcop interfaces, widgets (do we really need
> any more than 5 widgets!?), icons of a given size, pixels per letter,
> files shown per directory, users that want to use kde, etc...
>
> Just a selection of the brilliant ideas i've got...

My ideas are the opposite:
why not go to kde-look.org, and get another 300 wallpapers that we add to
kdebase. But only the 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 ones, because we want it to
look smooth even on hires monitors. How about adding some other stuff to
kdebase, too, like the 500 best free unicode fonts available or the latest
linux kernel for people who might use kde under linux? How about adding at
least 5 icon themes, in addition to the default kde, gnome and windows ones?
I'd also vote for adding some example media to kdemultimedia, like the 500
best free mp3s from www.mp3.com and some trailers of upcoming movies?

That's my selection of brilliant ideas.