List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with ioslave; mimetype handling
From:       Jay Oliveri <vilnerop () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-07 19:23:26

I'm currently working on a Freenet IOSlave.

I have read as much code as possible within kdelibs/kio and various
other IOSlaves, spent countless hours only to be frustrated with a
messagebox "Could not create IOSlave", and the following in my debug
file.

kio (KRun): INIT called
kio (KRun): ###### KRun::scanFile
freenet:CHK@vwoFWwVQWYxWc4a~pMmy1kPlS7cKAwI,7geKJ2A-VyoE6LQrr3japA
kio (KRun): 0x8390778 Scanning file
freenet:CHK@vwoFWwVQWYxWc4a~pMmy1kPlS7cKAwI,7geKJ2A-VyoE6LQrr3japA
kio (KRun): 0x8390778 KRun returning from showErrorDialog, starting
timer to delete us
kio (KRun): 0x8390778 slotTimeout called
kio (KRun): KRun::~KRun() 0x8390778
kio (KRun): KRun::~KRun() done 0x8390778

The problem is this: Freenet documents have mimetypes, but I do *NOT*
want to predict any mimetypes; I want to emit the mimetype from within
the get() method as soon as it's known, no sooner.

Also, some keys in Freenet have the format:
  freenet:SSK@npfV5XQijFkF6sXZvuO0o~kG4wEPAgM/homepage//

Which totally befuddles the process since something automatically
assumes it's a directory listing due to the double trailing forward
slashes in the URL.  This URL is no different from a normal document
URL (as far as freenet is concerned).

I want to handle that case the same as the above; get some data in
get(), then emit the mimetype along with the data.

Any advice of any kind is appreciated; I'm losing too much hair over
this.

Thank you..

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
Systems Architect                             the one-eyed man is king."