List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-copy not compiling against XFree 4.2?
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-06 22:38:20

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 22:41, Christer Kaivo-oja wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 March 2002 21.16, Christer Kaivo-oja wrote:
> > Also, compiling qt-copy with the -xft flag produces an error like this:
> >
> > kernel/qtaddons_x11.cpp:123: `XftValueList' was not declared in this
> > scope
>
> I'm suspecting this is due to the fact that I'm running a fairly recent
> XFree86 cvs version. Anyone else out there able to compile qt-copy against
> it?

Yes, and I know the problem. A new Xft is being developed, and it's not yet
working fully as it seems. The old Xft is still in the xc tree under
lib/Xft1. Just going into this directory, doing make install there, removing
libXft.so.2* from your X install and making a symlink libXft.so to
libXft.so.1 if it's no there yet.

--
Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you.
Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.