List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Proactive Konsole development
From:       Claes Holmerson <claes () it-slav ! net>
Date:       2002-03-06 21:11:40

Hi!

I came to think of a great idea to extend Konsole with. Just as you with
escape codes can change the titlebar, you should be able to change the
session name. This makes it easy from the shell to name sessions, to find
the right one quickly.

This was my itch, and I wanted to scratch it. You see, I have never
hacked KDE before, and this seemed easy and doable for a newbie like me.
So I downloaded kde-base, browsed the code and realized - it was already
done, one month ago! Can you not save some features for us newbies? Now I
have to wait until I get an itch again ;-)

Thanks for really impressive (and proactive) development!

Claes

PS: I have not tried it but it should work something like this

echo -ne "\033]30;NewSessionName\007"

PS2: What is 31 reserved for? Just curious....