List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Long noatun startup time
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-03-06 9:23:24

> What about the long closing time of Noatun (see my earlier post)?
> Any idea why it creates a PlayObject for every file in the playlist?
>
> Because of this, it can take a long time just to close Noatun if the playlist
> contains more than 100 files. :(
>
> TIA.
>
> ewald
Hi!
 Sure, it is also a real problem! My noatun closes for about 1 minute, eating
all the CPU during this time. Because UI is closed immediately, the user thinks
that it's already closed and he can try to reopen it, which doesn't work (if
the user selected to have max. 1 running noatun instance formerly). Together
with a very long startup time the user gets a feeling that there is something
really broken, which de facto is not.
                                         With regards, Pavel Troller