List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What is a KLocale catalogue?
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () itk ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2002-03-05 11:30:02

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Robin Atwood wrote:

> In KDE2 I got the current language via KLocale::language() but in KDE3 th=
> KLocale constructor wants a string specifying a "catalogue" according to =
the
> headers.

What do you mean? KDE 2 and KDE 3 are not different here.

You can get the current language by using
KGlobal::locale()->language() in Both KDE 2 and 3. And the constructor
should be the same as well.

> What and where this might be is not explained. KLocale("foobar")
> produces as a language "en_US", presumably some weird dialect.

Why do you want to run KLocale("foobar")?

en_US is the "weird dialect" called "English (US)".

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
          bieker@itk.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org / +47 97651633
                Dagaliveien 25 A  |  Elgesetergate 23 B
                N-0776 Oslo       |  N-7030 Trondheim
  Siste nytt fra industrien finner du p=E5: WWW.Industri-Informasjon.NO