List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some food for thought (regarding nsplugins, gcc, mozilla)
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-03-01 17:15:52

On Thursday February 28, 2002 04:35, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I know that people here will jump all over and flame me because those
> plugins are not open source and "it's their problem", but lets be
> realistic - it's our users that will loose here and will be forced to
> switch browser just to watch those clips, audio, or whatever comes...

Our users lose because community development time is spent on interfacing
with nonportable, nonfree binaries, instead of writing superior, free
alternatives?

Instead of declaring the free software hopeless, as you seem to be doing,
why not help improve it?  KDE has a history of pragamatism, not defeatism.
 Identify what the needs are, and get people going on meeting those needs.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.