List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Documentation & deprecated API
From:       Chris Kuhi <kdelists () kuhi ! net>
Date:       2002-02-26 14:53:05

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 14:20, Andreas Simon wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 13:37, gordon.machel@t-online.de wrote:
> > I'm currently browsing through the API docs as well,
> > as I'm preparing them for the use with doxygen. The
> > reason for the observed behaviour is that sometimes
> > the @deprecated command is followed by a '.' or a ',',
> > thereby preventing the parser from recognizing the
> > command.
>
> Yes, line 88 in kdoc/src/kdocParseDoc.pm is obviously wrong:
>
> 	elsif ( $text =~ /^\s*\@deprecated\s*/ ) {
>
> I guess it should better be
>
> 	elsif ( $text =~ /^\s*\@deprecated[:punct:]?\s*/ ) {
>
> (my perl is a little bit rusty) Does anyone want to
commit?
> Or should the ...

That line will *not* prevent a match on  '@deprecated.' or in fact
anything following the '@deprecated' since it's only trying to match
zero or more spaces after, and there *are* zero spaces.  See for
yourself:

perl -e '$_ = q|    \@deprecated.and all that jazz|; \
print "\nYo!: $1\n" if m/^\s*(\@deprecated\s*)/;'

I *am* pretty good at Perl (and my perl is still rust-free, being
it's just 1's and 0's ;-) if you need help finding out what's causing
that.

regards,
--
Chris Kuhi