List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: VNC Client.
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-02-25 13:09:09

On Monday 18 February 2002 19:12, Andy Goossens wrote:
> On Monday 18 February 2002 18:38, Jesse Andrews wrote:
> > Background:  I have recently written a vnc client under QT (mainly just
> > to learn QT as well as to learn exactly how the VNC protocol works).  My
> > next step is to learn to code for KDE.  Since KDE appears to be lacking a
> > VNC client, I was thinking about rewriting my client for KDE 3.
>
> Join the team :-)
>
> Some sites to learn how to code for KDE:
> http://developer.kde.org (Very helpfull!)
> http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/kde/devel/ (I found it a minute ago on
> Google) Hmm, Konqi seems to think all the text is 1 big link, bad HTML...

I find that people *very often* forget the closing </a> tags, and Konqueror
expect them to get closed (valid expectation!). IE has a "fix" for that so
automatically close previous <a> tags. Some big corporate sites suffer from
that (analog devices - www.analog.com - has that problem in their order
basket, their webmaster is deaf so far), because people don't validate their
code other than running it through IE.

Cheers, Kuba