List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Wierd error compiling kfontinst
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-02-18 20:01:04

Hi

Trying to compile kdebase for 3.0beta2 I get a wierd error...

kcontrol/kfontinst/kfontinst/Encodings.cpp

On line 704 I get an error that says:
implicit declaration of int gzgets(...)

gzgets is declared in /usr/include/zlib.h as follows:

ZEXTERN char * ZEXPORT gzgets OF((gzFile file, char *buf, int len));
(note other declarations of this form don't seem to cause problems)

I fixed this by doing the following near the top of Encodings.cpp :

extern "C" {
char* gzgets(gzFile file, char *buf, int len);
}

The thing I don't understand is why other functions in zlib.h seem to
work OK.

I'm using gcc 2.95.3

Can someone please explain this to me??? I'm perplexed

TIA

John