List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: VNC Client.
From:       Tim Brodie <tbrodie () displayworksinc ! com>
Date:       2002-02-18 18:05:27

Jesse Andrews wrote:
> So I guess I am wondering what people would want from an app like this?

I'd like to see better login management with the other end.  For example,
(in the vnc i'm using now) if the user does a log off, the server at the
other end doesn't terminate properly (when connected to a kde desktop)
and leaves the connection unusable until the vnc server is restarted.

Having an option in the client to ensure that the other end restarts
properly when the user wants to log off, or to leave up the other
end when the user just wants to disconnect would be very important
to me.

I've looked into it enough to know that some of the work needs to be
done on the server end, and perhaps a special start/restart script
could be (or perhaps already is?) provided by someone to better
manage this.  This would make sure that my kde desktops will not
ever be hung up as a black screen because the end user logged out
from kicker. But a more seemless control from the client end would
facilitate perceived stability and reduce training costs.

Thanks...

--
Tim Brodie