List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: --without-arts
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-02-17 10:54:38

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2002 00:34 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> And what if you have multiple installations of KDE and therefore arts?
> It is this kind of limited thinking that broke the detection scheme in
> first place.
>
> My problem is that arts certainly is in $PATH, but it's the wrong arts. Not
> only is it the one for KDE2.2.2 it has also been compiled with gcc-2.95,
> where kde3 is being compiled using gcc-3.0. (I even have a version of arts
> installed that has been compiled with gcc-3.1)

Sorry, I don't understand you here.
Yesterday, I compiled the arts module, and after that I had problems kdelibs
noticing the right arts version as I also have KDE 2 installed here. So
before ./configure I did a
export PATH="/opt/kde_cvs/bin:$PATH"
and all went well. [This is assuming that you have installed arts into the
KDE dir. Just replace the /opt/kde_cvs with everything else if you have not.]

This should work regardless of how many arts versions are installed. Or am I
getting something wrong here?

Roland

--
Registered Linux user #214199 (see http://counter.li.org)