List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libaudiofile in the new arts package
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2002-02-16 18:41:46

Hello John,

Yep, just ran into the same problem. The relevant part of the 'configure'
script ("checking for afOpenFile" ...) has a $LIBS variable which evaluates
to nothing rather than something like $KDEDIR/lib. A quick fix is to amend
the line

LIBS="-laudiofile  $LIBS"

to something like

LIBS="-laudiofile  -L$KDEDIR/lib $LIBS"

I'm CC'ing Stefan in the hopes of a proper fix (or to tell us where we're
going wrong). Perhaps not installing kdesupport into the KDE installation
directory is the correct way to go, but I do it because it's convenient for
my testing.

Cheers,
Sean

--