List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Sick of the mouse mess!
From:       ramagnus () t-online ! de (Rolf Magnus)
Date:       2002-02-16 11:11:22

On Saturday 16 February 2002 11:49, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> The inconsistencies are not only with Qt apps. I see standard X clipboard
> behavior in Kate and between Konsole and others but not eg inside KEdit or
> the KMail editor. In the latter, I get stuff on middle clicks that may have
> been selected an hour ago in Konsole. I must say that I also find this
> totally inconsistent, confusing and unnerving. We shouldn't mix Windows
> behavior in some apps (KEdit) and X behavior in others (Konsole, Kate).

KDE also doesn't cooperate with other non-kde X apps very well. Try selecting
an url in knode and mmb-pasting it in mozilla. You'll also get some old
things instead of your selection. You have to Ctrl-C in knode if you want to
be able to mmb-paste it in mozilla. And that's not a mozilla problem, because
it works with all versions of KDE but 3 and with every other non-kde app.
And the Ctrl-K behavior seems to be screwed, too, though I don't know if this
is a qt or a kde bug. If I remove the text of a lineedit with ctrl-k, it
seems to be selected before, killing my selection.