List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Broken konqueror (with fam)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-13 20:18:39

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 03:12 am, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 February 2002 12:01, Andreas Simon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since a week or so Konqueror is unable to browse $HOME
> > (I only get an empty view). Together with fam it sucks
> > all cpu power it could get because of the constantly
> > updated .xsession-errors file and resulting fam messages.
> > Is there a fix in sight or is it a fam problem?
>
> This won't happen when updating a directory
> doesn't produce any debugging output ;-)
> Perhaps disabling KDirWatch/KDirLister output with
> kdebugdialog?

Isn't this the same problem as with DNOTIFY? I think KDirWatcher shouldn't
watch for FAMChanged events for directory notification, it should only watch
them for file notification.

Looking at the code I guess that removing FAMChanged from the following line
[kdirwatch.cpp:862] might accomplish that.

  if (fe->code != FAMCreated &&
      fe->code != FAMDeleted &&
      fe->code != FAMChanged) return;

Cheers,