List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Broken konqueror (with fam)
From:       Josef Weidendorfer <Josef.Weidendorfer () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-02-13 11:12:08

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 12:01, Andreas Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since a week or so Konqueror is unable to browse $HOME
> (I only get an empty view). Together with fam it sucks
> all cpu power it could get because of the constantly
> updated .xsession-errors file and resulting fam messages.
> Is there a fix in sight or is it a fam problem?

This won't happen when updating a directory
doesn't produce any debugging output ;-)
Perhaps disabling KDirWatch/KDirLister output with
kdebugdialog?

Of course the update is still done when .xsession-errors is changed,
and this happens quite often (even when hidden files are not shown).

Any opinions how to change this?
- A option to not do automatic update for a directory/at all ?
- No update for ".X.err" and ".xsession-errors" changes (but that is
dependant from the X server used).
- Delay every update by e.g. 2 secs (then your "permament" update only
will happen every 2 seconds)

Cheers,
Josef

Josef Weidendorfer