List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Folder (and other) previews
From:       ramagnus () t-online ! de (Rolf Magnus)
Date:       2002-02-12 11:11:48

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 11:23, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> > From: David Faure [mailto:david@mandrakesoft.com]

> > > That would be another possible solution.
> >
> > ... that takes a lot of screen space, doesn't it ?
>
> Depends. If you used it in multicolumn mode, it wouldn't necessarily take
> any more. And of course it would be configurable... <ducks and runs>

Doesn't nautilus determine the amount of information shown by the "scale" the
user sets? So if you click on the + magnifying glass to scale up, more
information (more lines of text) is shown. Probably not everyone would want
this, so there should still neee to be an option to switch it off completely.
And BTW, I'm planning a detailed list view for 3.1 that shows file information
as well as a konqsidbarplugin for it.