List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ouch! what happend to the konqueror TAB key??
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-04 14:07:16

On Thursday 31 January 2002 22:50, Marten Klencke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 31 January 2002 22:49, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > Up until KDE 2.X - the TAB key had been helping me for login to various
web
> > sites - type username, press <TAB>, type password, press <ENTER> and viola
> > - I'm logged in...
> >
> > Now the TAB key seems to do something totally different, donno even why...
> >
> > Could the TAB key assignment be reverted to the same behavior (by default)
> > as it was on KDE 2.X please? I'm sure lots of people use it the same as I
> > do...
>
> I noticed that when I'm too fast for the computer, thus press TAB too fast
> after name-autocompletion, it simply enters the tab character (looks like a
> space) in te name lineedit. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?

That's Qt2's key-compression bug, it's fixed in the current Qt3.

What Hetz is seeing is khtml's broken focus management, which will _hopefully_
be fixed in time for kde-3.0-final - send Dirk some pizza to increase the
chances ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops