List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Taskbar grouping and binary compatibility
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-01 17:39:09

On Friday 01 February 2002 11:31, Simon MacMullen wrote:
>I've written a patch for the taskbar which adds a third mode to taskbar
>grouping - Group When Full, so that the tasks only start to group themselves
>when the taskbar would be crowded otherwise. Obviously I wouldn't ask to put
>it into KDE 3.0, but I'm hoping it could go in 3.1. I'm concerned about
>binary compatibility though because it involves adding extra private fields
>to kdebase/kicker/taskbar/taskbar.h. Is this considered to be a published
>interface?
>
>The patch is attached. Please don't have a go at me - this is my first go at
>C++ for several years.

The patch looks ok at first sight, although I might need some tweaks.

Anyway
+    isGrouping == shouldGroup();
should be
+    isGrouping = shouldGroup();

(and the compiler should moan about it as you don't specify how to handle the
evaluation, i.e. bool b = (isGrouping == shouldGroup()); is valid...)

Matthias, John, could one of you have a look?

Cheers,

</daniel>

--
Daniel Molkentin | The K Desktop Environment | http://www.kde.org