List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile error in latest Makefile.am for kdat
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-01-31 16:49:10

On Thu 31. January 2002 17:26, Lawrence E. Widman wrote:
> There is a problem with Makefile.am for the kdat package (which
> I maintain).
>
> The source doesn't compile because libkfile.so is no longer in
> the Makefile link list.  There is a specific line for it in
> Makefile.am: kdat_LDADD = $(LIB_KFILE).  But, LIB_KFILE is
> defined somewhere else, and gets translated into -lkio.  I
> don't know whether libkio.so should be included in the link
> list, but libkfile.so most certainly should be.  When I added
> it by hand, the source compiled fine.
>
> How do I find out who is responsible for the Makefile.am stuff
> and how to let that person know to restore libkfile.so
> (-lkfile)?

 There's no libkfile.so anymore, the kfile library is now included in
libkio.so , so LIB_KFILE is now -lkio . And I don't see any problems with
kfile in kdeadmin/kdat, it compiled fine here (after one little fix I've just
commited). If you have trouble compiling it, please post an error message.

 Btw, kdeadmin/kdat/Makefile.am, your last commit - you didn't mean to commit
those lines at the bottom, did you?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org