List:       kde-devel
Subject:    upload.kde.org
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-01-29 23:07:37

Hi @ll

andi@andi1:~$ ftp upload.kde.org
ftp: connect: Connection refused

The server is not down (ping can reach it) so it seems to me that anonymous
uploads are not allowed anymore.
A short talk on #kde came to the same result (and my ksirc crashing... grr..
need to update kdelibs)
Can someone confirm this?

If this is the case would it be possible that someone with access can
remove/edit the files
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/README_FIRST
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming/00*
and maybe more so that they don't state "feel free to upload to
upload.kde.org" anymore?

I just received a support request on this

Thanks
Andi