List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems loading resources from a web-server with a java applet
From:       Ingo Rockel <irockel () pironet-ndh ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 14:57:16

Hi,

I hope this is the right list to address this problem to. I am currently
working on two java applets which used to run using the Sun's java-plugin,
but this doesn't work with the konqueror (crashes). Now I changed the
embed to applet tag to use konquerors native java plugin. Then the applets
start but they are unable to load their property files which are located
on the server they come from. In the applets the following code is used
for retrieving the properties:

         url = new URL(applet.getCodeBase(),"some.properties);
         is = url.openStream();
         isr = new InputStreamReader(is);

At the openStream-method the applets just hangs for quite some time and
then raises the following exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://some.server/some.properties
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:574)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
        at [...]
	at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub.initApplet(KJASAppletStub.java:145)
	at
org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$1.run(KJASAppletStub.java:98)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

The same code work just fine using netscape/mozilla/ie and the plugin. Or
using the same applet tag and MacOS/X with IE

I think this could be a konqueror bug. Any Ideas?

Greets,

	Ingo

--
$HOME is where the .*shrc is