List:       kde-devel
Subject:    handling multiple selections of different files
From:       Gustavo Homem <gach () mega ! ist ! utl ! pt>
Date:       2002-01-29 3:37:55

Hello kde developers:

I found a bug on handling of selections in konqueror. If one tries to
register an application to handle all kinds of files the result doesn't work
as should.

For example register the application for "all" in kcontrol, file associations
module and notice that:

- the application is listed as an "open with" option with every single file
or directory
- The application is no longer listed if you mix files and directories or mix
different file types in the selection

You can try several variants of this procedure but the result will never work
as expected. I reported it to bugs.kde.org some time ago , but it wasn't
fixed.

I work for a small distro in Portugal and we are looking for a preconfigured
user friendly kde based enviroment. This problem renders useless the scripts
we had planned to include such as "add top zip", "send to floppy", "attach to
mail", "zip n send" and so on.

Please send any answer directly to my email as I am not subscribed to this
list.

Thank you very much for your attention
Gustavo Homem

--

"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people built
perfectly good brick walls long before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox