List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QServerSocket: connected, now what?
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-01-28 22:51:32

Erik Sigra wrote
>I derived a type from QServerSocket and created an object of that type. It
>seems to work, because I could connect to it with the program stream_sender
>in adasockets-0.1.19/examples. Now what? I can't find any put/get operations
>in the documentation for QServerSocket.

If you're developing code for KDE, please don't use QSocket or QServerSocket.
Instead, prefer our own alternatives (KSocket, KServerSocket and
KExtendedSocket), since they provide more functionality and automatic proxy
support.

Besides if a user turns global proxy support on, he expects all KDE
applications to use it.

Now, as for the API functionality from a server socket, all it does is
accept(2) another socket. From there, you get to the normal socket
operations. If you're using QServerSocket, you'd get a QSocket. If you're
using KServerSocket, that's KSocket you get. As for KExtendedSocket, you get
another KExtendedSocket.

If you have problems using the KDE socket API, let me know. (Constructive)
Criticism and bug reports are also welcome.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com